NMA-V invites applications from highly qualified Vietnamese nationals for the position as:
Climate Change project officer (3 years)
- Work closely with women Union to develop relevant Climate Change-training in the WU-system
- Coach community-based monitoring groups, including group management and monitoring.
- Conduct TOT training on climate change, environmental issues, group management etc.
- Work with local communities and partners to develop Climate Change materials based on existing information materials of NMA as well as other NGOs in related fields.
- Support local authorities to improve their community based DRR plan, implement with participatory method.
- Complete the tool for data collection and train for local partner to use the tools
- Responsible for project management and financial control
- Minimum of BA in Climate Change, social science or other relevant fields
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- At least three years of relevant working experience and project management.
- Experience working with community sustainable development and participatory approaches targeting vulnerable groups, CBOs, mass organizations and local government.
- Good knowledge about climate change resilience and disaster risk reduction,
- Understanding about behavior change communication.
- Experience from working with local communities in the Mekong Delta will be an advantage
- Efficient, reliable, able to work independently and in teams
- Experience in Result based management
The Norwegian Mission Alliance in Vietnam (NMAV) is based in Ho Chi Minh City. Our main areas are Climate Change Resilience, income generation and inclusion of people with disabilities. NMAV operates in Mekong with special attention to poor women, children, youth and people with disabilities. Our projects are implemented in close cooperation with local authorities, partners and beneficiaries.
The position is located in Ho Chi Minh City. Frequent traveling to Mekong Delta must be expected. Duration: 3 years, with possible extension. Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Submit application (max one page) and CV (max two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Oct 14th. 2019. For more information go to www.nmav.org or contact Huong, program coordinator for Mission Alliance, mobile 0977 049 979